Want to join our team?
See our latest opportunities
Catering Assistant Apprentice
A vacancy has arisen in the Xcel Bowl team of Xcel Centre. It is part of the wider Xcel Centre that includes a Community Shop, Food Bank and Xcel Furniture Centre. The Centre has been running for eight years and works within the community to support those in need and provides many opportunities for employment and work experience. This is part of our vision as a project. We strive to create jobs for the community and be a part of what makes Carmarthenshire thrive. If you want to be a part of this and feel like you'd be a good fit for our team, read further to apply.
This vacancy is for a Catering Assistant Apprentice.
Applications are encouraged from all sections of the community.
Please telephone 01267 225990 if you require further information
Download here Application Form
Purpose of Role: to support Head Chef/Bowling Alley Manager in provision of a clean and hygienic environment within the Bowling Alley and Xcel Centre site to facilitate a high quality experience for customers.
· Ensure all kitchen and catering equipment cleaned and tidied in a timely manner
· Carry out cleaning maintenance of kitchen areas to appropriate hygiene standards, as described by Head Chef
· Manage disposal of recyclable waste for Xcel Bowl in efficient way
· Carry out other duties as required by Bowling Alley Manager
· Support Chefs in food preparation, as required
Key Skills & Attributes
· An appreciation of the importance of hygiene standards and how to apply them in a catering environment
· Aptitude for teamwork
· Ability to work in a pressured environment to standards and efficiency
· Good approach to working with flexible attitude
· Ability to work in a busy customer focused retail environment
· Good appreciation of the value of recycling